Is it worth it to wrap my vehicle?
These days vehicle wraps are everywhere, you can't drive through a town in America without seeing a wrapped car, truck, or trailer. What once seemed like a scary and foreign process, is now becoming the norm and is nearly a must have for any business' local advertising campaign. So what is a vehicle wrap? A vehicle wrap is a large scale, high performance vinyl graphic or decal that is applied directly over the factory paint of a vehicle. The application of the wrap allows you to change the vehicles appearance in a very short period of time and in turn allows you to remove the wrap, returning the vehicle back to its original condition if necessary.
Why Wrap A Vehicle?
- Vehicle wraps are now widely regarded to be the most effective and efficient form of out of home advertising, reaching more consumers at a lower cost per thousand impressions than any other form of advertising.
- A vehicle wrap allows you to promote your own custom message, show off your style and personality, and get your brand seen by the masses!
- Vehicle wraps actually protect your paint! A wrap that is installed by a professional, using high performance materials, allows you to easily remove the graphics, finding your factory paint job underneath in the same condition as it was before the install.
How much does it cost to wrap a vehicle?
This is by far the most common question that we recieve at The Wrap Agency, and the answer is... It depends. There are a number of variables that factor into the price of any vehicle wrap or graphics package, lets take a look:
- Size of the vehicle. Obviously installing a wrap on a Cadillac Escalade is going to be much more expensive than wrapping a VW Bug. The main factor in the cost of a wrap is the amount of square footage covered by the wrap, the national average for 2016 is somewhere around $10-$15 per square foot.
- Materials used. A quality, professional shop will use only high performance materials by industry leaders (3M®, Avery-Dennison®, Arlon®, Oracal®, etc.) that carry a warranty, and are made to last 5-7 years under normal conditions. There are also finish and texture options, such as carbon fiber, brushed metal, and reflective films that add additional cost to the job.
- Graphic Design. One thing that is often forgotten in the price of a wrap, is the design time that it takes to create the design and prep the print files making sure it fits properly.
- Vehicle wraps can be affordable for any budget. By getting creative with the layout and design of a vehicle wrap, it is possible to achieve great exposure for your business without breaking the bank. Rather than wrapping an entire vehicle top to bottom, it is often a smart decision to try to use a 1/4 or 1/2 wrap to keep costs down.
If you are thinking of wrapping your vehicle, do your research! When choosing a wrap shop, take a look at their portfolio of projects, and ask for some references - patience and research will pay off in the long run. When done correctly, a vehicle wrap is a great move for your business, but cheap materials and poor install techniques can cost you a lot of time and money. Call The Wrap Agency for a quote on your next vehicle wrap today!